Friday 27 April 2012

Truly a Work of art

Television shows are odd. There are shows that entice you, excite you, anger you, reduce you to tears. There are shows that do all of these. I wonder why we as humans can become by transfixed by these fantasies. truth. competitions.
I have to be honest I do not watch much television but I am addicted to the ones I do watch.
Recently I developed a love for the show Work of Art: Next Great Artist (slog of a title I know) to start I thought watt. It's going to be a really shit show about how art has to be one confinement, but I had to take that back as it progressed (a.k.a. the first episode) apart from China Chows comments at elimination where she it went along the line of 'your art was baaad.' which is straight out wrong no art is bad it is just different but I digress...

LOGO FOR ALL YA'LL


 EVERBODY FOR YA'LL (excluding the judges and Simon de pury(who is actually amazing))


I tried to fine the theme tune for you all because that is uber and and actually AMAZING but I could only find it on barefoot and so eh yeah Go to that if it stays there for long enough.

 Here are the people I really liked. I like their artwork and them as themselves and thankfully they all got through to the top four and thankfully all got along so well, I seriously hope they still all meet up and stuff 'cause they had a great friendship vibe thing.

 This here be Abdi and genuinely fun-loving, bright side of life chap. His work is mind blowing and someone you instantly adore right down to his hat choice.

 MILES MENDENHALL. Naat gonna lie he is a tad on the lovely side of life ;) But no he was a funny dude who has ocd -Did he mention that?- But no I feel -as with all of them- I would have gotten along fairly well with Miles and his work, although some of it was off and in later work I disliked it more, I did enjoy it and the concept behind it.




 The kooky beauty that was Peregrine, she was odd as words can describe but I truly loved her and the concepts in her mind were just wonderful to unfold. 
This is Nicole as the picture thing aptly says, she was a really happy person and I am glad she went far  in the competition She is one of those people that you would be with and know you would get along with her.






These are some of my favourite pieces from the whole show... enjoy :)

 I loved all of Abdi's work so I felt I should limit my self to my favourite piece from the whole entire show.  From episode Nine Abdi had to incorporate nature and inspiration from it. He used the gravel with a third of black pigment to make this self portrait. His inspiration was the ocean, and I actually love this I find it so mystical and I would have this in my house I truly would.

 
 Both of these are by Miles and yeah their odd but they mean to me what I felt at the time.
the first is from episode 5: What moves you. Miles looked to the city, noticing the hustle and bustle he found some serenity and peace in a corner way. This is what I found and so I like it.
The second is from I think episode 2 and the challenge winner, he fell asleep on it as live art a.k.a. he was shit tired. As Mark would say he had his 'balls to the wall in that one.'

This one is from episode 3 by John. I really liked John's work and wish he'd been able to progress. This was his challenge winner and personally feel he deserved all of it.
Sadly I couldn't find any of Nicole or Peregrine's :(

Soo yeah was the best show I've watched for a long while and I wont say who the winner is but if you want to know watch it ;)
As Simon would say 'Be bold! Be brave! Be amazing!'
 Ciao ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment