Sunday 27 November 2011

Lovely Days

Today has been a lovely little adventure for me.

First off I got on the train to the capital London and whilst looking for a seat on the train saw Russell Howard and his broken hand.
Then t'was off to Liberty's whereupon we went to the Christmas section...I don't think there is a better place to get you in the mood for christmas than Liberty's ^_^ Got a pretty Bauble and someone's birthday present, tis be a silly thing if they are reading this so don't be to high hoped ;)
Off to Marylebone for the overground to first stop Wembley. My train thing was to pass Little Kimble :D
Then for the main point of the trip to see the Spanish Riding School of Vienna. BEAUTIFUL. My favourite part though was their mascot which is a lipizzaner which never turned white (I point out now that lipizzaner's are the only breed/horse which can be a white colour) and so he was a glorious bay colour.
As special guest there was also Carl Hester and Lee Pearson who will hopefully represent Great Britain in the Olympic and Paralympic games.
Such talent from all, rather inspiring if I'm honest.


Considering what I did today I thought that I should put up my favourite classical or in the composers idea 'furniture mover' piece.
It is by Erik Satie and is called Gymnopédie No.2.
All three of Satie's Gymnopédies are lovely but this is the (in my mind) most beautiful. For me it is incredibly relaxing and.... well yes I love it very much. For an amazing version click here.


Ciao ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment